Quick Read : Want to Convert higher quality videos with lower file size. Then this article is for you..
HandBrake – Best Video Converter for Ubuntu
HandBrake is an open-source, GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded for standard or high quality conversions and tweak many basic and advanced options to improve your encodes.
Table of Contents
Supported Input Sources:
Through Handbrake can process most common multimedia files and any DVD or BluRay sources that do not contain any kind of copy protection.
We can convert our video file to following formats and even more for specific video formats like Ipad Apple TV etc.
- File format: MP4, MKV, AVI or OGM
- Video: MPEG-4 or H.264 (1 or 2 passes or constant quantizer/rate encoding)
- Audio: AAC, MP3, Vorbis or AC-3 pass-through (supports encoding of several audio tracks)
Extended features :
Handbrake have many options to perform for various video options like
- Title / chapter and range selection
- Batch Scan and Queueing of encodes
- Chapter Markers
- Subtitles (VobSub, Closed Captions CEA-608, SSA, SRT)
- Constant Quality or Average Bitrate Video Encoding
- Support for VFR, CFR and VFR
- Video Filters: Deinterlacing, Decomb, Denoise, Detelecine, Deblock, Grayscale, Cropping and scaling
- Live Video Preview
To Install HandBrake as CLI :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:stebbins/handbrake-releases sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install handbrake-gtk handbrake-cli
To Install HandBrake as GUI :
sudo apt-get install handbrake-gtk
You can Check and Contribute to this Project by following their GitHub from Here.
Thanks for your Feeback. It will helps us to improve our Article quality