The Blender Foundation and online developer community are proud to present Blender 2.78, released September 30th 2016! Read More…
Blender 2.78 is Out
Blender is a professional free and open-source 3D computer graphics software product used for creating animated films, visual effects, art, 3D printed models, interactive 3D applications and video games. Blender’s features include 3D modeling, UV unwrapping, texturing, raster graphics editing, rigging and skinning, fluid and smoke simulation, particle simulation, soft body simulation, sculpting, animating, match moving, camera tracking, rendering, video editing and compositing.
Table of Contents
Cycles Render Engine
- Optimizations: Several memory savings & speedups, and Now it supports for CPU groups
- GPU rendering: support for GTX NVIDIA 10×0, improved support for GTX 980 Ti and Titan X, memory improvements for CUDA & OpenCL
- Better Subdivision & Micro Displacement (experimental feature) improved.
- Smoke volume support for Velocity and Heat attributes.
- Fluid simulation mesh support for motion blur and motion vectors.
- Point Density textures now support vertex color, weight and normals.
Spherical Stereo VR
Cycles now supports rendering spherical stereo images for VR. Including support for pole merging to reduce artifacts when looking straight up or down.
Best Video Converter for Linux
Viewport & Render
The Cycles viewport ‘rendered’ mode now supports more shading nodes and options.
- All procedural textures, vertex color GLSL shading, and all projection methods for Image Texture are now supported
- Bump mapping support in the viewport (image above)
The Blender GLSL viewport now supports more shading features to match the final render:
- Environment lighting using the Sky Color and White modes
- Environment map texture reflection with nodes, mirror environment texture influence
- Normal Map node from Cycles and multiple tangent spaces
Moreover: Blender Render shading can now be computed in world space rather than camera space, and the stamp metadata feature now supports hiding the labels to save space.
New freehand curve drawing tool uses curve fitting for bezier curves, with error and corner angle options, support for tablet pressure, drawing aligned or perpendicular to a surface, tapering, redo operator and calling from Python.
But wait, there’s more!
- Edit-mode undo memory optimizations, allowing around 5X-15X memory savings
- New N-Gons support for decimate modifier with double precision optimizations
- New decimate edit-mode tool and dissolve tool to remove vertices re-fitting surrounding handles
- Path select can now also select regions using the Fill Region option
- New “Snap Selection to Active” option
- New options for bevel modal operations, to change the profile (bevel shape) or number of segments, with mouse movements or numeric input to set the value
Monitor Network traffic Graphically with this tool
Animation & Rigging
Bendy Bones – Advanced B-Bones for Easier + Simple Rigging. Shapes can now be controlled directly using a series of properties. Define a “curved rest pose” for the bone, and use custom bones as their reference bone handles.
- Drivers: new “eyedropper” tool for easier setup and keyframing control
- Sorting on Animation Editors: Alphabetical sort option, Fuzzy/Multi-Word name filtering
- Dope Sheet Editor: Lasso/Circle Select tools improved
- Graph Editor: improvements to keyframing mouse command, and Properties Region
- NLA Editor: position of action-local markers is now drawn on strips
- F-Modifiers: new dropdown to select type
- Keyframes inserting improved, new Moving Hold keyframe type
- Rigging: bone constraint target improved, new menu operators to apply delta or normal transforms
Thanks for your Feeback. It will helps us to improve our Article quality