Install parole via PPA in Ubuntu [How to Installation Guide]. In this Post, I’m going to show you whole Installation and Purging Process of Parole media player
Install Parole via PPA in Ubuntu
Parole Media is made for XFCE desktop environment which can be in installed in GNOME via PPA. It’s is very lightweight Program and especially for low resources system running Linux.
- New “mini mode”, activated from the right-click menu.
- New play and replay icons in the player content area. Clicking on these will play or replay your media (finally)!
- Most deprecated API calls have been dropped or replaced. We’re not dropping GtkStatusIcon yet, the notification area lives on in Xfce!
- Double buffering with the X11/XV video outputs has been reenabled. Ubuntu has been carrying this patch for a while now.
- The window title and content title are now set to the playing filename if no ID3 tags are found.
- Plugins can now be loaded by name instead of full path (plugin-name.so).
- The desktop file and related AppStream have been updated to the now-standard “reverse-DNS” convention (org.xfce.Parole)
- Translation updates.
Open the Terminal and Paste the Following Command
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/apps
Then update parole via Software Center if you already installed parole media player
Enter the following command in the terminal and Press Enter
sudo apt install ppa-purge && sudo ppa-purge ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/appsI Hope the Installation process works without any Errors. If you’re facing any issues. Kindly Comment the Issues we will reply you via Email.
If you like the Article Kindly Share it with your friends. Thanks 🙂
Thanks for your Feeback. It will helps us to improve our Article quality