This tutorial shows you the easiest way to install python on ubuntu [any version]
Actually, Ubuntu is prepacked with the python installed. You can install Python 3.6 along with other version using the third party PPAs by executing the following commands in Terminal.
Here are the Steps to Install python on Ubuntu:
- Open Terminal by Pressing Ctrl+Alt+T
- Now paste the Below line and Press the Enter, It’ll add the PPA to your Ubuntu Machine.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jonathonf/python-3.6
- Now Paste the Below Command inorder to Update the Repository
sudo apt-get update
- Now Install python by Executing the Below Command
sudo apt-get install python3.6
- You can Easily switch between other Python Versions. Run this command in Terminal to switch between installed Versions.
sudo update-alternatives --config python3
- To Check python version, Run this command.
Thanks for your Feeback. It will helps us to improve our Article quality